Bake some love with this delicious vegan and gluten-free strawberry and chia-seed jam. Put in a pretty glass jar and decorate with a ribbon and gift card for made-with-love gifts. By Neha Jamani.
1 1⁄2 cup strawberries, washed and sliced
2 Tablespoons water
2 Tablespoons maple syrup
2 Tablespoons chia seeds
- Set a saucepan over low heat and add the strawberries and water
- Heat the fruit, stirring occasionally, until it begins to breakdown, 6-8 minutes. Let it come to a boil until it becomes the consistency of a sauce. If necessary use a fork mash any large pieces.
- Remove from heat and stir in the maple syrup and chia seeds. Taste and add more maple syrup if you want it sweeter.
- Transfer jam to a glass container and cool to room temperature before storing in refrigerator.
- The jam will thicken as it cools and will last up to two weeks in the refrigerator.
- Yields: Two small jarsABOUT NEHA JAMANIA therapeutic and holistic chef, Neha is founder of Dubai-based The Sacred Kitchen. A graduate of Bauman College of Holistic Nutrition and Culinary Arts in California, Neha aims to raise awareness about the importance of food choices and reconnect people with their bodies and the food they eat.