Bake some love with this delicious vegan and gluten-free granola. Put in a pretty glass jar and decorate with a ribbon and gift card for made-with-love gifts. By Neha Jamani.
3 cups old-fashioned gluten-free oats
1⁄2 cup almonds, roughly chopped
1⁄2 cup pecans, roughly chopped
1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
1/4 cup raw sunflower seeds
3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
1/4 cup maple syrup
zest and juice of 1 orange
• Preheat oven to 125 degrees celsius.
• In a large bowl add the oats, almonds, sunflower seeds, dried cranberries, and cinnamon. Stir to combine.
• Whisk together melted coconut oil, maple syrup, orange zest and juice.
Gently fold into the oat mixture with a rubber spatula until evenly coated.
• Transfer the mixture to your prepared baking sheet, spreading the mixture evenly onto the pan. Don’t over crowd the pan, bake the granola in batches if you have a small oven.
• Bake for 50 minutes, or until golden brown. Stir the mixture once or twice as it bakes.
• Cool the granola completely, and store in an airtight container for up to two weeks.
Yields: Five cups
ABOUT NEHA JAMANI
A therapeutic and holistic chef, Neha is founder of Dubai-based The Sacred Kitchen. A graduate of Bauman College of Holistic Nutrition and Culinary Arts in California, Neha aims to raise awareness about the importance of food choices and reconnect people with their bodies and the food they eat.