Bake some love with these delicious gluten-free ginger cookies. Put in a pretty glass jar and decorate with a ribbon and gift card for made-with-love gifts. By Neha Jamani.
2 1⁄2 cups almond meal
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons fresh ginger, peeled and grated
5 Tablespoons maple syrup
3 Tablespoons coconut oil, melted
• Preheat the oven to 175 degrees celsius.
• Mix the dry ingredients almond meal, baking powder and cinnamon in a large bowl.
• Pour in the maple syrup, coconut oil and ginger and mix well.
• Use a spoon to scoop the cookie dough. Form the dough into a round cookie shape.
• Bake for 8 to 10 minutes until brown around the edges.
• Store in an airtight container for up to 10 days
Yields: 22-24 (1 inch) cookies
ABOUT NEHA JAMANI
A therapeutic and holistic chef, Neha is founder of Dubai-based The Sacred Kitchen. A graduate of Bauman College of Holistic Nutrition and Culinary Arts in California, Neha aims to raise awareness about the importance of food choices and reconnect people with their bodies and the food they eat.